What is personal information?
Personal information is any information about an identifiable individual. Personal information does not include the name, title, business address or telephone number of an employee of an organization. Information used solely for journalistic purposes is exempted from the Act.
What personal information we collect, and why?
The Rotary Club of Midland collects personal information for specific, limited purposes. Information is collected by fair and lawful means.
- We collect personal contact information (for example, name, address, email address and telephone numbers) if you: sign up or register to purchase any product from The Rotary Club of Midland as an auction participant. This information is used to fulfill your request, respond to your inquiries, and verify your identity during item pickup.
- We retain your subscriber ID and passwords so that upon request by you and receipt of identification we may remind you of them.
- We collect demographic information, as well as purchase history, in order to gain a better understanding of your interests so that we may develop better service.
- We may place advertising or other links on our sites that originate from outside advertisers and donors. If you view these ads, the advertisers may assign a cookie. The Rotary Club of Midland does not control these cookies, nor is it responsible for any marketing or other use of your name by these advertisers.
- We generally use your personal information for the purposes of: managing, administering, reporting, collecting or otherwise enforcing accounts; maintaining organization records for reasonable periods of time and generally managing and administering our organization; and meeting regulatory, legal, insurance, audit, security and processing requirements.
To whom does The Rotary Club of Midland disclose personal information, and why?
Generally, by providing us with your personal information, we will assume that you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes identified or described in this Privacy Code, if applicable, or otherwise at the time of collection. We reserve the right to use and disclose your personal information without consent where required or permitted by law, for example, if we have reasonable grounds to believe the information could be useful when investigating a contravention of a federal, provincial or foreign law, in order to protect or defend our legal interests, or to comply with applicable laws and lawful governmental requests.
When you provide credit card information through PayPal, the security of your credit card information is protected by using industry standard secure sockets layer (SSL) encryption technology.
Please be aware that email is not a secure medium, and any personal information you send to us by email could be intercepted. If your communication is very sensitive, or includes information such as your credit card number, you should not send it electronically unless the email is encrypted or your browser indicates that the access to our website is secure.